Wednesday, April 18, 2007

birthday baseball

"you fucking don't know shit, you motherfucker!"

And with those words, all gloves were off, and the fists started flying. Unlike high school, nobody around the combatants started chanting "fight, fight, fight." Security allowed the fight to go on for about an entire sixty seconds before reinforcements came along, and there were enough bodies to separate. I don't know if anyone could see it on television, but i caught Edgar Renteria glancing in our direction in between half-innings.

And when the smoke cleared, the Atlanta Braves rallied in the bottom of the seventh inning to beat the lowly Chicago Cubs, 8-6. Great way to bring in my birthday, as I will be going to tomorrowtoday's game as well. But back to the previous game, the Braves took advantage of a shaky Carlos Zambrano, who seems to be playing like he wants to prove that he's not worth Barry Zito money. Kyle Davies had a decent outing, despite a few shaky moments, and Oscar Villarreal Villarreal'd his first victory of the year.

Note: Alfonso Soriano's backup CF, Felix Pie (pron: pee-yay) hit an impressive triple during the game. He also had this noticeable habit of grabbing his gear/junk/package prior to achieving batting stance. Now when I play softball, I've had to adjust my shorts to where I can get into a comfortable batting stance, but not to the extent of palming my grapefruits in between every pitch.

Note:
Washington 4 10 .286
Philadelphia 3 9 .350

If I'm not mistaken, the Nationals are actually better than another team. Certainly, that can't be possible, because the 2007 Nationals are supposed to be the worst team in history of Major League Baseball?

No comments: