Thursday, April 26, 2007

ESPN Knows What you Like

The first rule of working for ESPN is anything to do with football is better than anything else. The second rule of working for ESPN is if a baseball player doesn’t play on the Yankees or Red Sox then they don’t exist. Even though most casual baseball fans know who Jake Peavy is according to ESPN we do not. On Mike and Mike in the morning today they spent a good five minutes ranting about who no one knows who any of the players in San Diego are. I am sorry to inform them that I am someone and I know who Jake Peavy is. I also know who Trevor Hoffman is, and although he blew a save last night he is still better than Rivera. Of course Rivera plays for the Yankees so therefore everyone knows who he is and he is the greatest ever followed closely by whoever is closing for Boston at the current time.
This weekend is once again Yankees vs. Red Sox. This means my TV will be polluted with inferior DH baseball. I don’t need to watch too fat guys who don’t even know what a baseball glove is go up and sweat all over home plate. I think it would be more entertaining to see David Ortiz and Jason Giambi sumo wrestle. Of course seeing the Yankees vs. Red Sox is what I care about because ESPN tells me to.
Of course with the NFL draft being this weekend the Yankees vs. Red Sox might be interrupted due to some late 7th round pick out of a college no one ever heard of. ESPN informed me the other day that real men plan their weekend around the NFL draft. I had no idea. I was going to go watch the Potomac Nationals take on the Frederick Keys at 2:00 in Frederick and then head over to Hagerstown to see the Suns play their game at 6:35. I don’t know but watching minor league baseball outside on a Saturday might be more fun than sitting around watching twenty year olds walk up to a podium every 15 minutes.

No comments: