Thursday, May 17, 2007

Conflict of Allegiances

Bobby Cox does it again, and leaves a tiring starting pitcher in, one inning too many. Chuck James struggles to get out of the sixth inning, and watches his lead disintegrate and vanish when Chad Paronto raises his hand and accepts the role as "currently unreliable Braves relief pitcher."

A pitcher must know when they fuck up, when Dmitri Young is able to score from first base.

Anyway, this weekend, I am going out to Boston for some fun, food, and of course baseball. I paid a ludicrous amount, but I have tickets to Sunday's game at the hallowed grounds of Fenway Park, as my Atlanta Braves take on the Inferior League's Boston Red Sox for a three-game series.

The game I will be going to will be Tim Hudson vs. Tim Wakefield, which will be an interesting match-up - Andruw Jones, provided he sheds his coat of sucktitude and stop striking out like Adam Dunn blindfolded, can actually have the chance to steal some bases against the slow pitching knuckleballer. Hudson, will hopefully perform brilliantly, and then it will be a lull every time Wakefield takes the mound.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get tickets to the highly anticipated John Smoltz vs. Daisuke Matsuzaka matchup on Saturday - I'd put my money on Dice-K, since as is the usual MO, Young-Unproven Pitcher vs. John Smoltz usually results in a loss for the future Hall of Famer.

However, the biggest problem with this weekend is that the Yankees will be playing the Mets. I dislike both teams, and although the answer is quite simple, I don't like it regardlessly. I will have to pull for the Yankees, so that they can help the Braves regain the top spot in the NL East. Unfortunately, the way those teams are playing, I forsee Jose Reyes having a field day with the Yankees, and the Mets taking that series winning at least two of the three games.

As for the Braves, I'm hoping for a 2/3 series win, seeing as how Friday's game is a toss up in the air, with the Lerew vs. Player-to-be-Named-Later/Cash matchup, Smoltz likely losing Saturday, and Hudson hopefully getting the win on Sunday, but all in all, I'm more looking forward to actually being at Fenway Park.

But with the way Andruw Jones is playing, the Braves will probably get swept. Here's how I would put the batting order to help teach Andruw how to earn his money again:

1. K. Johnson
2. W. Harris
3. E. Renteria
4. C. Jones
5. B. McCann
6. J. Francoeur
7. A. Jones
8. S. Thorman
9. Pitcher
DH (for Interleague): J. Saltalamacchia

No comments: